Amie Starting Weight: 180.2
0 lb. Released Overnight - 0.2 lb. GAIN
9.2 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 10/09/2007
Average Weight Release Per Day: 1.31 lb.
Eddie Starting Weight: 248.8
0 lb. Released Overnight - 0.4 lb. GAIN
11.4 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 10/09/07
Average Weight Release Per Day: 1.63 lb.
Okay. I'm not going to panic. There are several potential contributing factors to our weight gain today:
1. We weighed at different times in the morning this weekend. Like I said, we get up around 8 or 9 a.m. on the weekend, which is when we weighed ourselves, then we got up this morning early as usual and weighed in.
2. We've been eating a lot of salt. This weekend especially, after releasing all of that water weight and becoming more comfortable with the whole process, we've been seasoning a lot. There is at least one of our seasonings that has malodextrin or something in it, which I am suspicious of.
3. We didn't drink as much water this weekend as we did all week. Just being lazy. We drank a lot more tea and coffee than usual.
4. We've been eating a lot of the same meat on the same day.
5. Okay, okay. I didn't CHEAT really ... I just momentarily forgot myself and swiped a bit of ketchup off of my daughter's bologna sandwich with my finger and stuck it in my mouth. Complete accident - force of habit. It was probably less than a teaspoon but still not good.
Okay. I'm done freaking out. We're still averaging over a pound per day. It's going to be O - KAY. :)
Menu was pretty average today.
Amie: 100g steak and 175g celery for lunch - seasoned with garlic, 5 squirts Bragg's aminos & pepper (no added salt). Dinner was 100g steak with organic baby spinach greens, seasoned with allspice, garlic powder and McCormick Original Season All (seasoned salt). That's the one that concerns me. Snack: 1 apple.
Eddie: Lunch - chicken with curry spice and cabbage. Dinner - steak and onion rings. He subbed 1 Melba toast for the grissini since we're having a tough time finding it around here. Snack: 1 apple.
Ingredients in McCormick Original Season All: Salt, Spices (including chili pepper, black pepper and celery seed), onion, paprika, maltodextrin, garlic, silicon dioxide (added to make free-flowing) and annatto (color). This is the best seasoned salt we could find at the local grocer. It's pretty good but I'll take it off the menu if there's bad stuff in there.
Ok, cherrio for now .. Off to bed. Pleeeeeeeeeeeese God let me lose tomorrow!