Thursday, November 8, 2007

Day 31 VLCD (First Round)

Alrighty then. Yesterday was bad. My stomache is still full and a little yuck-feeling, but I didn't get sick at all. I'll go through a couple of things that probably contributed to "The Calzone Incident" (lol). I'll post my weight tomorrow after I have a chance to flush my system a little. It's not looking very good right now. :P

So, for one I had my performance review at work the night before last. My boss decided to not make it a priority anytime in the past few weeks, so I pretty much had to corner him in the office at 8:30 at night. I didn't leave until close to 11. I've been pretty irritated in general since then.

Two: Yesterday was our long day at work. I had a good lunch (minus veggie, which didn't help) at noon, but we don't stop seeing patients until 7 p.m. so I was famished by the time I got home.

Three: (and this is the one that bothers me) Eddie and my daughter came to the office last night to get adjusted at around 6 p.m. He told me he was getting food from a local Italian place and asked me if I wanted anything. Now, I've fielded this question from him at least a hundred times since we started this protocol. Every time it irritates me because the answer is obviously YES, but I'm trying to lose WEIGHT. Why the hell would you even ASK me that?? I guess I feel like I'm being sabotaged, and it isn't a good feeling. Eddie decided he is going to stop his shots, but I'm not going to say he's going into P3 because for one he has no clue what P3 IS - and even if he did I'm pretty sure he just said, "Screw it." and has decided to eat crap again. I've decided that I'm not his mother and I'm not going to hold his hand if he's going to ruin his progress making poor decisions. If he gains all 30 pounds back in a few months, then so be it. He might just lose 164 more (me) if he isn't careful. Don't be alarmed - this is nothing new. :) Great, I'm starting my day in RB (Real B!%@#) mode! Lovely...

Enough of that! I'll post more later - gotta run to work.

....

Ha! I forgot to publish this before I ran off this morning. I'm feeling a little better. Mornings are always rough.

For lunch I am having 1 egg + 3 whites and tomato. Water water water water water...

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

I for one will be hanging on every word. Thanks for sharing the progression of the "calzone" incident. Interesting how we can see old habits rearing their ugly head, and the feelings that bring those on. Isn't it wonderful tho Amie that you are adult enough to see what is happening? This is a GOD send I tell you. It really does help us to see the triggers to what brought on the weight gain in the first place.

You have a tool at your fingertips that allows you to make immediate adjustments. Not something that will take weeks to take off the 2 or 3 pounds caused from indiscretion, but just days.

We can figure out why things happen and then the next day see a result from the change we make.

GOOD FOR YOU! Will be awaiting your update!

Amy's Blog said...

I just wrote a comment & lost the whole thing, I'm having computer problems!!

I don't know why the sabotage scenario happens, but it's pretty common. One reason could be that he is dealing with his own struggle & wants to EAT.

My BF was mostly pretty good when I asked him to try to eat with me, or right after I ate. He made enough just for him & we understood I didn't want it.

One idea is to have a short conversation to say 2 things
1) tell him it's OK for him to stop the shots because he's lost so much & he can always resume. Tell him you need it more (ego stroke)
2) ask him for his help. This sometimes works. It makes him a partner in your efforts).
3) ask him to not involve you with his non-food plan until you are finished with the round. Basically he should not ask and not tell. :-)
Need to reiterate that it's OK for him to eat like this, because he has an easier time getting if off than you do.

There are a lot of other ways to do this. I am amazed at the mothers with husbands & kids who have to make the meals for everyone else & then eat their own foods. What incredible strength these women have!

beachbrights said...

Amie, thank you for sharing. I just drove 7 hours in the car and could not stop thinking about you! I am so glad to read your post and to see that you are figuring out what the issues are. I don't have any great advice for you or know how to tell you to fix the issues). I just want to see you succeed and be happy.

Surround yourself with the experts and people who can help you achieve your goals...even if we are on the internet!

I'm here for you girl! Gosh, I wish this comment box had spellcheck (& Grammar Check!).