Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Day 29 VLCD (First Round) - with Percents and Updates

Amie Starting Weight: 180.2
Yesterday: 162.0
Today: 161.8
0.2 lb. Released Overnight
18.4 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 10/09/2007
Average Weight Release Per Day: 0.63 lb.
Percent Body Weight Released: 10.2

Eddie Starting Weight: 248.8
Yesterday: 222-223.2
Today: 222.0
0-1.2 lb. Released Overnight
26.8 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 10/09/07
Average Weight Release Per Day: 0.92 lb.
Percent Body Weight Released: 10.8

Say it with me now, all together! "Any Loss is a GOOD LOSS!"

It just goes to show ya - you can drink liquor and lose water weight overnight, but it'll come right back!! ;) There's a good stat for you, Biz! (Maybe we could do shots instead of apple days? Whattaya think?? LMAO)

Aright, it's early yet so no menu to post. I just happen to have a lil extra time this morning to lolligag on the 'puter :) I did decide to start calculating the percentage of body weight lost and posting it - a neat little stat!

Also, we've been tossing around the idea of taking a little "break" for Thanksgiving, per P&I. Here is the text under Unforseen Interruptions of Treatment:

If an interruption of treatment lasting more than four days is necessary, the patient must increase his diet to at least 800 Calories by adding meat, eggs, cheese, and milk to his diet after the third day, as otherwise he will find himself so hungry and weak that he is unable to go about his usual occupation. If the interval lasts less than two weeks the patient can directly resume injections and the 500-Calorie diet


I know that Dr. S says "more than four days", but if we stop injections 3 days prior to Turkey Day and then eat (semi) normally, then resume injections the day after, would we stand to gain less weight than if we injected straight through? We were scheduled to start P3 on Thanksgiving, but we've had a few skip-days since then so we will be going through that weekend. Then we could do P3 for 3 weeks and re-load Xmas Eve and Xmas! :D What does everybody think?

LOL It's going to get to the point where you guys will have to log onto my blog three times a day just to get all of the prattle and updates! OK - just so everyone knows, when I got dressed for work this morning I tried on a pair of size 9/10 khakis I bought at a thrift store and couldn't get on to save my LIFE a few weeks ago... I CAN BUTTON THEM NOW!! HALLELUJIA!

OK, back to work again... ;D

6 comments:

Amy's Blog said...

I do not know how I missed your post yesterday!! I'm sorry about the gain, but it will come back off... and today is evidence of that. Congratulations on being back on plan. Like the others, I can relate to wanting & having non plan foods. (I just can't used the word 'cheat'!) I just read this article yesterday about how common it is for women to eat lightly M-Th & then splurge on the weekends. Anyway, I hope today goes well for you ... you are still SO ahead of the game. Congratulations to Eddie!!

Anonymous said...

He he... you got that right about drinking alcohol -- you may wake up the next morning a bit deyhdrated and weigh less, but you'll be hydrated by the next morning :)

BizBuzz said...

HA! You didn't hear about the Scott and Biz plan of continued weight loss? It's called drink three beers a night and see how much dehydration you will see on the scale! ROFL (Scott is Paula's husband - who kept drinking beer thru his P2!!!)

Anyhoo, a .2 loss is not a .2 gain! So you done GOOD! WOO HOO FOR YOU!!!

Girl! You are doing AOK - just keep it up. Keep up the spirits! That is the only way to go!!!

cherylk said...

You are 1.9 pounds away from the 150s!! You're sooo close!

I think stopping for Thanksgiving is a personal choice. Holidays are such an emotional time, and eating and holidays seem to go hand in hand. I started the weekend after my Thanksgiving (Canada) for that very reason. I didn't want to give up turkey day! I'm also going to finish this round on Nov. 16th (of doses) and stay off until Jan. 2nd. I think you have to make this diet livable for you.

You don't have a ton of weight to lose, so I'm sure no matter what you do, you'll do fine!


And I'm still giggling about Biz's, "Keep up the spirits"... great pun! hehe

Cheryl :)

Amie said...

Oooo... I WILL keep up the "spirits", thanks Biz! That settles my plans for this weekend... LOL

Don't tell Eddie he could be drinking beer. He would have an absolute FIT. ;D

cherylk said...

ok, where is my daily fix of your blog?? Don't you know I need this stuff?? hehe just kidding!

I just saw the comment on the size 9/10 pants! That's fantastic!! You do look incredible, so I'm not surprised!!