Tuesday, March 3, 2009

P2R2 Day 3: VLCD Day 1 - It Has Begun!

Starting Weight: 160.4
Yesterday: 160.4
Today: 160.4
0 lb. Released Overnight
0 lb. Released Since Start of P2R2 03/01/09
Average Release Daily: n/a
Percent Body Weight Released: 0

I am injecting 150 IU hCG subcutaneously using 28g insulin syringes. I am using the reconstitution (mixing) guidelines provided by Tim - YouTube's Delmem, who has worked in the medical field since 1982. If you have mixing questions, you can get your answers here or by clicking the link "MIXING INSTRUCTIONS" under header "HCG Supplies" to the right. He also provides a lot of very helpful info on his site, relatively cheap supplies, Simeons nostalgia, and has been an invaluable source of hcg protocol knowledge for me personally. Thanks, Tim!

OMG ... Loading is SUCH a pain - literally! I spent most of last night wandering around with a brick in my stomache and it was most unpleasant. I did, however, only gain 0.4 of one measly pound while loading. Hello?! I ate like a PIG, especially last night... fast food and soda and cheese and wine and all sorts of naughty things. I am coming off of TOM, though, so that always means lost water weight.

BUT - all that is behind me, because toDAY is my very first VLCD day!

I did take before pics and measurements already, but I'll wait to put them out there until I have something to compare to. Last night I finished up my protocol food-shopping with some thyme, rosemary, basil, a BIG grinder of multi-colored peppercorns (YUM!), lemon juice and strawberries. (3 containers for $5 on sale, y'all!) We didn't get up there until after 7 p.m. so my health-food store was closed again. No liquid stevia for Amie. I might just get it online. Anyone have a supersecret stevia site where they get it really cheap?? :D I am the Bargain Diva - Never Pay Retail!!

For those of you who can't eat the same thing every day, you can utilize the hcgrecipes blog. There are a bunch of P2-friendly recipes there. Also at your fingertips are the recipe blogs posted on Happily Thinner After. Links for both sites are on the right side of my blog under "HCG SUPPORT & INFORMATION".

This is what I ate:
Breakfast: coffee - per my daily routine
Snack: 1 small, green apple
Lunch: 3 asparagus spears, 1 egg + 3 whites & 1 T low-fat milk. I figured this would be best since my scale is not here yet. All seasoned liberally with salt, pepper, onion powder and parsley. I sauteed the asparagus in water for about 5 min. first with salt & pepper, then added the egg mix. I let all simmer covered until the egg was cooked. I did have to scrape a bit off the bottom of the pan, but no biggie! The inspiration for this one came from hcgrecipes Asparagus Frittata. Very good!
Water, Water, Water...
Snack: Eight (count 'em - 8) strawberries with the powdered stevia. It makes me suspicious because the powder contains dextrose, but so do Sweet & Low and Splenda... and we can have those, right? Some input here would be appreciated.
Water, Water, Water...
Dinner: 5 or 6 cabbage leaves with imitation krab meat, sauteed in lemon juice with basil, thyme, salt and lotsa fresh-ground pepper. Realized shortly after putting in the pan that "krab" contains wheat and soy and egg and Godknows what else. Ate it anyways. Couldn't weigh the stuff because I gots no stinken scale. >:P Hopefully will come tomorrow.
Water, water, water, water...!

I feel... full! It's a very nice feeling. The lemon juice and extra pepper helped, I think. Plus I took a nice, healthy swig of ACV for good measure. ;D I'm a sicko. I know this. I'm a little afraid of what the scale may or may not say in the morning. I weighed myself in the middle of the day (don't do that to yourself btw) and it showed a 3.4 pound gain. I will not freak out, I will not freak out. But hey, it's my first day and things will be P2-normal soon.

7 comments:

Kat Martin said...

is this your first round or no? Looks like you are off to a great start! Keep up the good work. I found that as long as I wasn't hungry- the diet is a breeze!

Mollie said...

Woo hoo! Sounds like a great beginning to R2! :) Watch those pounds come off!

M said...

I ate Splenda and was fiiine! Personally, I think some things on "the protocol" are a bit unnecessarily anal. Like the no makeup thing. Pssshhhh

GOOD JOB GIRL!

Mo2Lose said...

My doctor said it was perfectly fine to use sweet n low. I use stevia b/c I bought it from my HFS before I started my diet. Thanks for supporting me on my blog. I cannot wait to see the results at the end.

PhotoGirl said...

Good Luck Amiee... I hope you have a fantastic round! I'll be joining you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, thanks for the very useful links. Looks like you are very well prepared, but no scale!? What is wrong with your current scale? Sorry if I missed the logic of that story earlier on.

I read you use liquid Stevia hmm. I use powder, and really like it. I wonder if there is any difference in taste.. I also read that you have powdered Stevia which contains dextrose. THAT CANNOT BE RIGHT! Dextrose is sugar. Please take a closer look at that.

Oh yeah, and indeed, never weigh yourself during the day, only when you wake up. It varies greatly!

Well, I certainly will check your progress and follow your stories. Thanks for your cool comments btw, I replied to them on my own blog.

Phase 2: Yet set, go!!

Anonymous said...

What about this ?

HCG Supplies