Tuesday, April 29, 2008

P2R2D6 - VLCD Day 4

Amie Starting Weight: 168.2
Yesterday: 163.6
Today: 164.2
0 lb. Released Overnight - 0.6 lb. GAIN
4 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 04/26/08
Average Weight Release Per Day: 1.0 lb.

So - Joey (my BF) has Sundays and Mondays off. He is an athletic man with no concept of what it's like to struggle losing weight. He thinks this 'hcg thing' is a bunch of hooey and that I'm starving myself with the VLCD. He can really be one of those "I know everything about everything and I'm always right" people (as can I - lol) and he's totally pulling that act on me right now. So yes, I am experiencing a certain amount of frustration with his attitude paired with the fact that all he wants to do is EAT OUT on days he doesn't have to work.

So OK, I spent the past two days eating at restaurants and fast-food joints. I'll spare you the gory details. The closest I came to a "real" meal were the burgers we grilled out at his friend's house yesterday. This has to stop. I don't want to limp through another round and lose much less than I could have because I'm sabotaged. I just ate a can of Progresso Traditional Chicken Noodle soup, which isn't too terrible with calories at least. I do need to thaw some chicken and buy some lean ground beef and protocol veggies.

This will happen today. :)

As for Brandi, she called me yesterday and said she's still doing great. Hopefully I'll talk to her later today and get some DETAILS!!

5 comments:

applebottomblues said...

You sooo need a big hcg community hug right now {{{{Amie}}}}. I understand about the attitude towards the protocol. I got that from my family, so I sent them all the information about it so they could read if for themselves. They slowly came around and now they are thinking about doing it themselves. Now I'm sure it's a little different with someone that doesn't struggle with their weight, but it might help to have him read the material if he hasn't already.

I'm really pulling for you, and I want to see you succeed in this, so stay strong and stick to your guns. I know you have it in you.

maryg911 said...

Amie, Amie, Amie!! Dump him!! Not really!! Why can he not be supportive than deconstructive? I don't tell people how many calories I'm eating 'cause I get the looks and comments.

Hope things turn around for you, girl!!!

Take Care!!!

LindsayLoo said...

Joey will be eating his words I'm sure! Good luck!! :) You can dooo it!

Burcu J said...

I feel you, If my husband wasn't deployed to Iraq I don't think I would have stick to it as much as I did! Hang in there, It will get easier once he sees you are not giving up so he'll back up!
Take Care

Becca said...

Oh that's too bad about his sabatoging attitude. My husband isn't willing to do it himself yet, but at least he is supportive of me. He even tells me that the bread really sucks when we go out to eat and he always asks me if I can go to a certain place beforehand.

So while you don't actually need to dump him, you will need to have a heart to heart and tell him that if he cares about you, even if he disagrees, he needs to let you do this for yourself because it's important to YOU! He doesn't need to help you with it, but he shouldn't hinder you either...
Hang in there...