Wednesday, April 8, 2009

P2R2 Day 39: The End is Just the Beginning

P2R2 Starting Weight 03/01/09: 160.0
Yesterday: 144.6
Today: 142.8 (-1.8!!) LIW R2
Released Since Start of VLCD: 17.6
Total lb. Released with hCG: 37.4 lb.

All good things must come to an end, and what a great Round 2!! I lost almost 20 pounds this round - almost 40 total with hCG. That's about ten weeks' time total, and I have been imperfect in my protocol. Amazing!!

Here is a graph of my R2 progress for all of my beloved data-heads:

My Weight Chart:
Weight Chart


And the numbers for both rounds (pounds released - percent of body weight):
P2R1: 22.6 lb. - 12.5%
P2R2: 17.6 lb. - 11%

Wow!! 22.3% of my body weight released in ten weeks' time!!

My last dose was this morning, so I will be P2-eating for today and the next two days (3 days? I'll have to read back thru P&I to make sure... Biz?? Monica?? lol) It feels weird to be done with this round, but I am so looking forward to P3. Meat and cheese! And cheese and cheese! LOL My BF will be relieved that he doesn't have to sneak his snacks around so much anymore.

So I'm already contemplating my next round. I believe that I'm going to do a shortened stint next time, depending on how I feel. I'm also going to up my dose, because I had a pretty rough time with hunger and cravings during R2. The deviations didn't help, though, and one begets the other. R3 should start around the first of May. Then again, I thought I'd be doing another round right after my last one, and here I am 17 months later! :)

I'll be looking into HTA Bootcamp today, and I also got a copy of Biz's P3 Correction Day eBook to help me in case my weight starts to fluctuate. I highly recommend this eBook to anyone going through Protocol - it's chock-full of excellent information, tips & tricks on how to maintain your hard-earned weight during Phase 3 (no sugars/starches) - and best of all, it's CHEAP!



Maintenance can be somewhat of a jungle after the strict P2 diet, and many people feel frustrated and a little lost. If in addition your weight isn't stabilizing the way you'd like... Let's just say it's easy to get a little discouraged. This eBook is a goldmine with specific strategies, recipes and protocol information. 'Nuff said. :)

I'd like to get below LIW just a little for that extra "cushion" just in case. I think that is very possible, given my deviant behavior these past couple of weeks and that enormous drop overnight. Follow-up pics and measurements coming later on! TTYL ~*~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

P3! I'm jealous! I should be finishing R1 this weekend, but I've decided to hang on a little longer since I still have some hcg and a smidge of sanity left :). Congrats on a successful R2!

M said...

Congrats Amie!! I am a bit jealous, but like btwn a girl and her food, I am hanging on an extra week since I have some left!!!

I will be watching you maintain!

applebottomblues said...

There's alot of P3 envy goin around... me too. I should have been done this saturday, but I decided to hang in there for another few days if I can stand it.

You've got those last VLCD days just right. When you do morning injections, it's 3 whole days after your injection (72 hours).

I got that book too. Isn't it great?! You had a VERY successful round & you came back from any deviations wonderfully. Congratulations on getting through it with grace! Now maximize these last few VLCD days to give yourself a nice little cushion for all that cheese you're about to eat... LOL.

BizBuzz said...

Awwww, shucks, what a sweetheart you are, much love to you Amie - now get your butt in BootCamp so I can WHIP you into shape! HA! I still crack myself up - you did so well on your own for almost a year and a half, who am I to tell you how to do it???

Dusty Rose said...

Congratulations Amie! Looks like we'll be starting the next round together! (Your R3, my R2) I've been bemoaning the fact that I am lactose intolerant (I eat a half cup of cottage cheese and I can't BM for a week!) in spite of the fact that I love cheese. I guess maybe it is actually a blessing in disguise. I have added motivation to stay away from it. Good luck on P3, you are doing great!

Mo2Lose said...

Congrats Aime! I may have to get that book. P3 has not been that great for me. I will post more about that today in my blog. You did great regardless!

beachbrights said...

Amie- Can I just say how proud I am of you? There. I said it!

XOXO-cb

Lorie said...

Great information and motivation, I love the blog. i myself have lost 36lbs on HCG